What Is eKYC And Why It Is Important?
eKYC (Electronic Know Your Customer) is a kind of electronic process that is used for filling different documents that are related to the information of their data and helps to know the customer. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) offers this eKYC services to the UIDAI partner organization. With the help of this service, a customer can share his/her personal and demographic information using a secure and transparent Aadhaar enabled services.
It is important for the customer to provide all the details like contact information, address details, date of birth, gender, identity details, and all such information which is available on customers’ Aadhaar Card. People always think of how to do KYC online but having all the information regarding this will definitely give you a proper direction to perform the whole process.
eKYC is compulsory for all that customers or clients of different banks, service providers, financial institutions and more such. eKYC is an application for all such sectors which are having regular compliance.
Let’s see which are the different sectors applicable for eKYC
- Post offices
- Financial Institutes
- Utility connections
- Indian Banks
- Mobile Service Provider
- Certain Apps that deal with financial transactions
Here are some top benefits of eKYC :
- eKYC verification services are not available for everyone as only agents and different institutions which are verified under UIDAI that can use the Aadhaar-based eKYC process. This means your sensitive or personal information will never go in any third-party or unauthorized hands when you are using eKYC.
- Different agents and institutions are using biometric scanners for verifying information by UIDAI which helps in adding more security.
- eKYC allows instant verification and instant back accounts opening or mobile sim activations that saves your lot of time.
- Whether you are doing eKYC registration or following the eKYC process, you will get it at free of cost.
- eKYC is based on consent as the individual can only share their data when he/she is using Aadhaar or having any kind of authentication or verification which is approved.
- eKYC is a paperless system which has replaced the paper-based document management process that encourages a company to stay eco-friendly.
With the help of eKYC app, you can fill all the customer related information and store them for future aspects. With JC Pay, you can get fingerprint scanner while doing online payments and that too with full security. If you are looking for the safest and secure online transaction process, visit JC Pay for more information.